However, if you’re looking to step up your fashion game and get a higher quality bag with a brand name, look no further than this post. I’ve found three amazing bags that look great and will serve you well whether you’re using the bag for work or for play.
As always, when we select our recommended bags, we look for items that have some combination of the following:
- modern and professional looks;
- top quality construction and detailing; and
- the ability to do what you need it to do (hold your stuff – all of it).
Got a Benjamin burning a hole in your pocket? Then let’s find you a great messenger bag!
The Kattee Crazy Horse Leather Shoulder Briefcase
For our first sub-$100 messenger bag, check out this one from Kattee. It has a stylish and professional “Crazy Horse” genuine leather exterior that will last you a long time. The buckles and stitching give it a unique and timeless look that’s perfect for taking to a work environment. It’s just an all around great bag.
- Adjustable leather and braid shoulder strap
- Space for a tablet or laptop up to 14″
- Push button flap in front with elegant buckles for decor
- Multiple interior pockets for cell phone, wallet, pens, and more
- Premium timeless look that works for professionals and travelers alike
- Use the top handle or the shoulder strap, making this work as either a briefcase or messenger bag
- Sturdy construction that will last a lifetime
- Real leather – it even has that “new leather” small right out of the box!
- Adjustable front buckles to allow more interior room
- Some purchasers report that the bag is a bit on the heavy side (most likely due to the material)
Whether you’re a new graduate or a professional looking to up their game at work, this is the messenger bag for you. Great look, quality construction, and timeless styling – you can’t go wrong with this bag from Kattee.
The Herschel Supply Co. Sandford Messenger Bag
For a slightly more casual (or business casual) look than the first bag, check out this piece from Herschel Supply Co. If you’re taking your laptop, tablet, and other items to and from school or a more casual office job, this is a great bag with a good amount of options.
- Holds a 15″ Macbook
- Comes in four different colors: Black, dark blue, grey, camo
- Modern styling with polyester material
- Shoulder and hand straps give you freedom to choose your carry style
- Padded interior to protect your devices
- “Suitcase strap” converts into a pocket if you’re not using it to travel
- None that we can see
This messenger bag is a great choice under $100 for those looking for a traveling carry on or for a more casual school or workplace bag. Padded compartments and modern, sleek styling are the standout features, as well as the ability to show your style (and match your wardrobe) with four distinct and attractive colors.
Kenneth Cole Reaction “Come Bag Soon” Colombian Leather Messenger Bag
Beautiful, full grain Colombian leather is the standout feature of this awesome bag from Kenneth Cole. Less decorative than the Nattee bag above, this has a more professional and sleek look, while retaining the classy leather exterior. Definitely a Stylish Carry favorite at just under $100!
- Comes in three shades of beautiful leather – black, brown, and a reddish cognac color
- Padded interior and high-quality Colombian leather exterior just oozes style
- Special laptop pocket fits laptops with up to 15.6″ screens, as well as a tablet in the additional tablet pocket
- Rear pocket gives you easy access – I use this one for my passport and boarding passes while traveling
- Top handle isn’t very strong – it’s more for decoration than for use of the bag as a briefcase. I’d stick with shoulder bag style on this one.
A gorgeous bag with sleek, modern styling and high quality leather material. You can’t go wrong with this bag, if you’re looking to keep your messenger bag budget under $100. This one will work for the office, school, and traveling – class yourself up!
As always, a great little collection of bags. However, if I had to choose, I’d probably go with the Kenneth Cole Reaction “Come Bag Soon” – I’m a fan of the modern design with less “stuff”. No offense to the Nattee, but I prefer a bag without the decor on the front.
However, if you’re a fan of the buckles and a more classic look, the Nattee above is a great choice. You really can’t go wrong with any of them (otherwise I wouldn’t have blogged about them!).
Got any other suggestions for great messenger bags under $100? Leave them in the comments below.
In the meantime, check out this great YouTube video for more advice about styling yourself with accessories: