Last Updated on
When it comes to business travel, it’s important to make sure your belongings are safe and secure in the right kind of luggage.
Between thieves, getting tossed around on the road, and carrying everything you need, the suitcase you choose to use is important!
With so many options available though, how will you know what’s right for you? Don’t fear, we’re here to help! Read on for more information about our top 5 picks for the best carry-on suitcase for business travel!
Best overall business carry-on: Samsonite Omni PC Hardside Spinner 20
Measuring at 9.5 x 14.5 x 19”, it’s small enough to bring on the airplane with you as a carry-on while still large enough to fit all of your business essentials!
The Hardside Spinner features a divider and cross straps for security and increased packing organization.
This carry-on really shines with the quality of materials used in its construction. Featuring a micro-diamond texture that is extremely scratch resistant, you won’t have to worry about your luggage getting dinged up or smashed while on the road. Theft is also now a thing of the past.
The micro-diamond is sturdy and if that’s not enough to deter thieves, the built-in TSA combination lock should be!
Couple that with a sturdy retractable handle and the lightweight 360-degree spinner wheels make traveling with your luggage a breeze!
- Push button retractable handle
- Pull handle and side handles offer a versatile carrying experience
- Built-in TSA combination lock gives you peace of mind
- Micro-diamond hard top is sturdy and scratch resistant
- Internal divider helps keep your luggage organized
- Cross straps help keep items in place
- 360-degree spinner wheels make walking with your luggage easy
- Coming in at 6.81lbs, the Hardside Spinner is extremely light
- Hard top exterior means there are no external pockets, so you’ll have to open the suitcase to access your gear
Premium option for the professional traveler: TravelPro Luggage Crew 11
TravelPro has been a stable in the luggage sector for a while now and for good reason.
If this doesn’t sound durable enough for you, the zipper heads are SUPRA damage resistant and the top and side handles are made of reinforced leather.
Although we doubt you’ll need it, the Luggage Crew also comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
The Luggage Crew has a telescopic handle and 8 self-aligning magnetic 360-degree dual spinners, making navigating busy airports and crowded streets a breeze. An added neat little feature is the external USB port which makes charging devices from the charger pocket easy while on the go.
The Luggage Crew also offers several interior pockets as well as an exterior pocket, so you don’t have to worry about opening up your entire suitcase when you need to look for something.
- High-quality ballistic nylon exterior
- DuraGuard coating to help prevent stains and scratches
- Reinforced leather side and top handles
- Durable zipper heads
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Telescopic handle
- 360-degree dual spinners
- Dedicated USB port for charging devices
- Full-length interior lid pocket
- Side mesh pockets and interior “wet” pockets
- Removable hanging bag
- It can be difficult to reach gear at the bottom of the interior lid pocket
Strong and sexy carry on: Samsonite Winfield 2 Hardside 20”
Want something sexier?
The Winfield 2 features a beautiful brushed pattern that is designed to hide any scratches or scuffs you might get while traveling.
The overall dimensions are 23 x 14.5 x 9.5”, making it larger than the Hardside Spinner, but still suitable as a carry-on. The Winfield 2 can carry up to a week’s worth of clothes easily and features a full zip interior divider with pockets and cross straps, making it easy to keep your gear organized.
The exterior is built strong to withstand the scuffs and dings of travel. The polycarbonate exterior is made to absorb impact and pop right back into place, meaning you won’t have to worry about your suitcase getting dented.
In addition, the Winfield 2 also features a telescopic locking handle, side and top handles, and a TSA compatible combination lock.
- 360-degree spinner wheels so your suitcase can go where you go
- Side handle and top handle for carrying ease
- TSA compatible combination lock for added security
- Brushed pattern hides scuff marks
- Polycarbonate design prevents dents
- Interior divider with mesh pockets makes organization easy
- Cross straps keep luggage in place
- Telescopic locking handle is convenient
- The zipper is backed by cloth, so it can get caught sometimes
- Lack of exterior pockets makes accessing items difficult
Best carry-on for the tech-savvy: Xiaomi Carry On Luggage
The carry-on of the future?
The innovative easy access front pocket features a padded sleeve for laptops up to 15 inches, a sleeve for your tablet, a sleeve to keep them secure, and 7 pockets for organized storage!
This makes accessing your items on the go a piece of cake and is one the main selling points of the Xiaomi Carry On.
The exterior of the Xiaomi Carry On features premium materials. The outer shell is 100% polycarbonate, meaning that it is scratch and dent resistant.
The front fabric cover is also made of waterproof 650D Oxford fabric, so you know your luggage is safe!
The Carry On also features a telescopic gel handle, silent 360-degree omnidirectional spinner wheels, and a built-in TSA compatible combination lock.
- Front pocket makes accessing and organizing your gear quick and easy
- 100% polycarbonate exterior means your carry-on is scratch and dent resistant
- Front fabric cover is made of a durable and waterproof Oxford fabric
- Telescopic gel handle
- Silent 360-degree spinner wheels
- Built-in TSA combination lock
- At 9.9lbs, the suitcase is a bit heavy, especially if you’re traveling far distances
Best budget weekender bag: Baosha Canvas PU Leather Travel Tote
For those of you looking for a weekend style bag, the Baosha Canvas PU Leather Travel Tote is a high-quality, affordable option.
The body is made of durable canvas while the bottom and the handles are made of PU leather, making this a good option for a weekend or 3-day trip where a carry-on with wheels might not be suitable for the environment.
The Baosha Leather Travel Tote is modeled after the classic oversized military duffel, so it’s quite spacious. Packing for two people for the weekend shouldn’t be a problem and it even has the added benefit of an interior pocket, something that’s rare among duffel bags.
- Durable canvas and bicast leather material means it can withstand a lot of wear and tear
- Oversized body style gives you plenty of room for your luggage
- Interior pocket is convenient for quick access
- Canvas shoulder strap is convenient when you’re on the go
- Leather/canvas combo makes this a stylish bag for business travel
- There’s no interior structure, so the bag lays flat when empty
Conclusion – get packing!
There you have it, our top 5 picks for best carry-on suitcases for business travel!
Now that you’ve got a bag, check out this video for some great advice on packing for your business trip from the always awesome Mr. Porter:
Have you used any of the suitcases on the list? Leave a comment and let us know how you liked it!