Last Updated on
Backpacks are one of the most versatile bags in the market.
They’re comfortable and can be worn on your back, leaving your hands free. They come in all shapes and sizes, making it easy to choose one that specifically fits your lifestyle.
Not to mention they’re affordable!
In this post, I’ll go over some of my top picks for women’s work backpacks. In a hurry? Check out my top pick, the trendy Fjallraven Kanken Classic.
Women’s work backpacks – Buyer’s Guide
With so many great traits, it’s no wonder that so many women wear backpacks to work. If you’re interested in buying a backpack for work, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- How large do you need it to be? A backpack’s no use to you if it can’t fit everything you need. If you just need a backpack to carry around your phone charger and notebook, a 20L backpack or smaller will be fine. But if you need to pack your gym clothes and a change of shoes, you’ll probably need a larger backpack.
- How many pockets do you need? Pockets are an important part of choosing a backpack. Ideally, you’ll want a backpack with interior and exterior pockets. If you tend to carry a lot of small knick knacks, the more pockets the better.
- Does it fit in at your workplace? Different backpacks may look out of place in certain workplace environments, which can lead to some funny looks your way. When shopping for a backpack, choose one that is functional but still looks good.
- How durable is it? Between the commute to and from work and constantly being used, it’s important to choose a backpack that is durable. Some backpacks are waterproof, scratch-resistant, and even puncture proof!
- What extra features does it have? Different backpacks have different features such as built-in whistles, rain covers, or even USB ports! Having these additional features can make life a lot easier, so be on the lookout.
- Does it come with a warranty? Work backpacks see a lot of use and sometimes they get damaged. It’s important to choose a backpack that has a good warranty that will compensate you for manufacturing defects.
- Does it fit? Nothing is worse than an ill-fitting backpack. Before buying a work backpack, take the time to try it on or at least measure it to make sure that it’s comfortable on your back.
Now that we know what to look out for, let’s take a look at some popular women’s work backpacks!
Best Overall: the Fjallraven Kanken Classic
Fjallraven is a popular brand among working women everywhere, so it’s no surprise that we recommend the Fjallraven Kanken Classic!
With over 40 different styles to choose from, you’re bound to find one that you like! It’s made from Vinlyon F, a material that is dirt-resistant, water-resistant, and wipes clean in an instant. If that’s not enough, the Kanken Classic also includes a rain flap for additional protection.
It’s 16L, so you won’t be able to pack for the weekend but it will fit workplace essentials such as your notebooks or laptop. It features a front zipper pocket, 2 open side pockets, and a main compartment. Some neat additional features include a built-in sitting pad and dual top snap handles for easy carrying.
- 16L to fit your business essentials
- Vinlyon F material means that your backpack is dirt-resistant, water-resistant, and wipes clean easily
- Included rain flap provides extra protection from the elements
- Over 40 different color combinations to choose from
- Includes a front zipper pocket and 2 open side pockets to organize your things
- The built-in sitting pad is handy to have for impromptu sitting
- Dual top snap handles make carrying the Kanken Classic easy
Want to see more? Check out more info and buy one for yourself over on Amazon.
Runner Up: Anello Synthetic Leather Backpack
The Anello Synthetic Leather Backpack is a part of the wildly popular Anello collection. Created from (you guessed it) synthetic leather, it’s exterior is durable and actually more water resistant than real leather so you get all of the style without any of the stress. The Anello Synthetic Leather Backpack is available in 11 different colors and styles, so you have quite the variety to choose from!
Its dimensions measure at 15.8” x 10.7” x 6.7”, so it’s not the largest backpack out there. It’s large enough to carry a 15.6” laptop, but you may have some difficulty fitting much else. The Anello Synthetic Leather Backpack has 3 exterior pockets, a main compartment, and an interior pocket. This work backpack is a great choice if you’re a light packer looking for a stylish bag.
- 11 different varieties mean you can pick a backpack to match your style
- Synthetic leather is durable and water-resistant so your belongings stay dry
- The main compartment can fit a laptop up to 15.6”
- It features 3 exterior pockets and 1 interior pocket for organization
- Stylish design makes this a popular choice among working professionals
Read more about this classy-looking backpack .
Budget Choice: Modoker Vintage Laptop Backpack
The Modoker Vintage Laptop Backpack is a stylish laptop backpack that is perfect for the working woman on a budget.
This backpack is made with high-quality 600D nylon fabric that is scratch-resistant, tear-resistant, and water-resistant, making this a durable pack that can endure your daily commute to and from work! The pack is pretty lightweight as well compared to similar backpacks, weighing in at 1.4lbs.
The Modoker Vintage Laptop Backpack is 25L and can fit a laptop up to 15.6”, so you’ll be able to fit a lot more than the previous 2 bags on our list. If you’re the type of woman who likes to hit the gym after work, this is the backpack for you! It has 6 different pockets or compartments, so your items are easily accessible AND easily organized.
A neat bonus is the external USB charging port and set-in charging cable so that you can charge your electronics on the go.
- Carrying capacity of 25L means you can fit all of your work essentials
- Main compartment fits laptops up to 15.6”
- The backpack empty is 1.4lbs, making it very light compared to similar work backpacks
- 600D nylon fabric is scratch-resistant, tear-resistant, and water-resistant, making this a backpack that can withstand a lengthy commute
- 6 different pockets help to keep your items neat and tidy
- The external USB charging port is handy when your electronics need charging
- Padded shoulder straps mean sore shoulders are a thing of the past
You can see more info on this great backpack by clicking over to Amazon here.
Got another favorite work backpack? Leave it in the comments below!