Carrying “everyday essentials” is not a new hobby or trend that the Millennial “hipsters” invented.
In fact, EDC kits (EDC stands for “Every Day Carry”) have been around for decades, as a means of providing someone with the tools they need to take on whatever the day decides to throw at them.
Whether it is fixing a punctured tire, opening a cold one with the boys, treating an injury, defending against an attacker, or even just simply managing his keys, wallet and other possessions, an EDC kit is something that every modern man should invest in.
The problem is, however, is the fact that there is a huge discrepancy between the good EDC kits and the bad ones. Luckily for you, we know a thing or two about modern day survival, so we already have a few recommendations of EDC kits that are perfect if you are looking for one that is pre-built and ready to go.
XinHe Survival Kit
If you are a fan of outdoor pursuits such as hiking, camping or even just long road trips that expose you to the risks that the world can offer, the XinHe Survival Kit has everyone that you need to survive. It’s cost-effective, the box is lightweight and waterproof, and it contains 9 different pieces of kit to help you combat every situation.
- Fire starter
- Flash light and pliers multi-tool
- Key-ring flash light
- Tungsten steel pen
- Thermal Blanket
- Size: 4” x 4.5” x 6.5”
- Weighs: 0.88lbs
- Hard, portable flip-lock case
- 1-year warranty
- It’s extremely compact and lightweight, but still provides everything you need.
- The tools are durable, well-made and work better than expected.
- Can fit into your pocket, backpack, glove box or any other small compartment.
- The outer case is waterproof.
- It’s a lot cheaper than you would expect for this quality.
- There is no battery included with the flash light.
- The case isn’t as well-made as the actual tools.
The XinHe Survival kit is an ideal EDC kit for those who are new to the hobby and want something that is cheap, effective and built-to-last. You wouldn’t want to expedite into the Amazon jungle with this thing, obviously, but for a camping trip, a long hike or even a road trip, it’s a great little box of tools that will absolutely come in handy at some point.
Stealth Angel Compact 8-in-1 EDC Kit
Another small kit that packs a serious punch is the Stealth Angel Compact.
As the name suggests, the stealth angel is small enough to fit in all of the tight places you expect an EDC kit to fit into, but the stainless steel, rust-resistant tools are strong enough to get you out of any sticky situation if you ever find yourself in one. This one is an 8-in-1 kit and the contents include:
- Professional tact flash light (350 lumen)
- Steel pen
- Aluminum whistle
- 11-in-1 pocket card
- Fire starting flint
- Compass with built in ruler
- Keychain LED flash light
- Hard, durable waterproof carry case
- Size: 6.5” x 4” x2”
- Weight: 15 ounces
- Color: Black
- 1-year warranty
- The flat multi-tool has everything you need (Screwdriver, can-opener, bottle-opener, wrench, ruler, saw blade etc)
- Great starter kit for beginner survivalists.
- All of the tools are made from a high-quality stainless steel that is rust-resistant.
- It’s small and lightweight. Perfect for on-the-go people.
- It’s cheap
- It doesn’t contain a knife (so you need to bring your own)
The Stealth Angel is the perfect starter kit. It contains everything you need to survive except for a flip-knife which is cheap and easy to add if you believe that it’s an essential tool. The 11-in-1 pocket card is one of the best that we have ever seen. The tools aren’t the strongest, as you would expect, but they do the job. Not bad for a small, flat pocket card. Overall, the Stealth Angel is a brilliant starter kit that gets the job done.
XuanLan 11-in-1 Emergency Survival Kit
The final EDC kit that has made our top three is the 11-in-1 emergency survival kit from XuanLan. Of the three that we have recommended, this is definitely our personal favorite. Why? Because it provides you with everything that you think you need, and more. We were focusing on starter kits with this list, but the XuanLan could easily surprise the experienced and more advanced survivalists.
- 5-in-1 Survival Bracelet
- Military knife
- Thermal Blanket
- Flash light
- Tactical Pen
- Saber Card
- Size: 6.7” x 4.1” x 2”
- Weight: 6.4 ounces
- Extra survival bracelet with 5 built in functions
- Waterproof carry case
- The 5-in-1 survival bracelet is comfortable, easy-to-use and provides you with access to 5 essential tools in an instant.
- The tactical pen is designed to break glass and the whistle can produce sounds up to 120db to create distress signals.
- It’s lightweight and compact. Can fit into almost any backpack.
- The flashlight isn’t the best quality. It’s usable, but not what you would expect for this price.
Flashlight aside, the XuanLan survival kit is one of the best EDC kits for sale on the market right now, bar none. It has everything that you need to survive your outdoor pursuits, and the 5-in-1 survival bracelet is unique, comfortable and perfect for those who expect to find themselves in some dangerous situations. IF you are looking for the best, you will find it with this one.
EDC kits are an essential (in our opinion) for every car, household and backpack.
Building kits for yourself can be a great idea if you know what you want, but the process can be expensive and time consuming. Choosing to purchase a pre-built kit will save you time and energy, allowing you to focus more on the things that you need to be focusing on.
You can be safe in the knowledge that each one of these kits will provide you with everything you need to survive, but if you truly want the best of the best, we would highly recommend the XuanLan.