For college guys, carrying around all your books can be pretty tiring. You need to make sure you’ve got the best bag for the job.
Backpacks (or “book bags”, as they are sometimes called) allow you to spread the weight across your shoulders to make carrying your study library a cinch. All this while minimizing any possible injuries that might arise from having too much on you at any given time.
You want your bag to be able to cope with any situation. For instance, you don’t want your expensive textbooks and important notebooks getting soaked in the rain, so in this case, you should consider bags made with waterproof materials.
Bolang Water Resistant Nylon School Bag
Light as a feather, yet surprisingly expansive, this backpack allows you to carry a number of heavy books without adding to the total mass with unnecessary bulk. And in spite of its lightweight properties, this bag looks, feels and is extremely durable and more than suitable for long-term use and capable of being thrown about without worrying about tearing or damage.
- Available in 10 colors: Black, Blue, Bright Red, Dark Blue, Fuchsia, Green, Grey, Light Green, Light Purple
- Material: nylon
- Weight: 0.7kg
- Length: 12”, height: 18.5”, depth: 6”
- Extremely lightweight; perfect for nimble students who don’t want to be weighed down
- Exterior padding increases circulation and prevents sweat forming
- Strong and sturdy back straps
- Numerous pockets and compartments are an aid to organization
- Available in a wide range of colors
This bag is water resistant rather than waterproof and should be kept away from rain
This is a quality backpack that looks the part and will fulfill your needs as a college student. The large compartment contains a padded computer sleeve that is perfect for holding a medium-sized laptop/notebook.
EcoCity Unisex Classic Laptop School Bookbag
An incredibly stylish bag with ample space for all of your books and other essential study equipment. The thick adjustable straps are made of a breathable material which is very comfortable on the shoulders. This bag includes an easy-access zipper on the back to make getting to the essentials that much faster.
- Available colors: Black, Blue, Dark Grey, Grey, Navy, Olive, Purple, Wine Red
- Materials: 90% nylon, 10% polyurethane
- Weight: 0.7kg
- Length: 13.8”, height: 7”, depth: 5.9”
- Looks great with an easily identifiable badge design
- Large capacity allows you to carry all that you need
- Specific laptop/tablet compartment for your electronics
- Compact yet spacious
The interior can be fragile so take care when placing heavy objects in the bag
A hipster-style backpack for carrying your books, this bag is more compact than the average, and yet you can still fit a lot into it. Whether you should purchase this bag or not depends primarily on whether you like the design as it has quite an unusual aesthetic.
BLUBOON Rucksack Vintage Canvas Backpack
A robust choice, this backpack is strong, durable and comfortable. The look of the design is great, and it’s available in a number of great-looking colors. Rugged and well padded, this backpack will be keeping your valuable books and electronics safe for many years.
- Available colors: black, brown, coffee, dark brown, green, and grey
- Material: canvas
- Weight: 1.9 lbs
- Length: 12 x 6.5 x 17.8 inches
- Strong, robust and nicely padded; will last for a long time
- High-quality double stitched canvas material
- Numerous separate compartments
Drawstring top might not be your style
This backpack will last you a long time, perhaps your entire duration at college. If you can get over the fact that it is not designed to cope with wet conditions (so bring additional water protection for your books just in case), then this is the perfect bag for you.
Book bags for college come in a variety of different shapes and sizes. The one you should choose really depends on the maximum capacity you’ll be needing. If you need to be able to carry more than ten books at a time then naturally you’ll need to purchase something larger.
If you don’t think you’ll ever have to carry that much (or have access to lockers etc.) then a smaller bag will be fine and perhaps easier to carry.
Well, in spite of these individual requirements, we’ve still chosen the backpack which we think is best for the average student. The Bolang Water Resistant Nylon School Bag is the best compromise between style, efficiency, capacity and the ability to deal with the elements. While it’s not fully waterproof, it does provide some protection for your books from water damage.
Looking for more advice on dressing for college guys? Check out the video below: